Types of hosting solutions
A hosting solution pertains to hoarding and/or sharing given content on a web hosting server handled by a hosting provider. There are different varieties of hosting services used for different goals, so let's have a look at them. Doing so, you can decide what you want, based on whether you wish to own a site, email aliases, or to share files with friends and partners.
- File hosting: a service provided by various web hosts, which allows you to share big files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only designation is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a table of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to open .html or .php web files in your browser. Free-of-charge file storage solutions are frequently supported by exhibiting adverts beside the download links, while a timer makes you wait for a particular interval of time to perceive them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you have a paid file storage account, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no restriction in regard to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the help of the cPanel hosting providers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly erroneous explanation of the literal meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would allocate the load between individual hosts of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving various website hosting services (electronic mail, storage space, stats, DNS, databases, web page hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is just a variety of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; specific corporations offer a hosting service for pictures solely. This hosting brand is good if you desire to share a huge number of images with mates or colleagues since the solution is generally free of cost. You will get a random link for each picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be utilized for web pages.
- Email hosting: a solution dedicated to tackling your email mailbox accounts. Some providers provide website hosting services for web pages, but do not provide an e-mail service. If you wish to possess an email address with your domain name but do not want to keep a site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you want. You can set up email accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a given video file, or you can embed the video clip in your web page that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of using this approach instead of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video file creates a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with several videos and several hundred web page visitors, you may have a hard time with your web space hosting reserves. Embedding the video clip will permit you to have as many video files as you want to without bothering about system supplies.
- Web site hosting: this is the solution that you need if you would like to have a site. To some extent, it contains all of the abovementioned hosting kinds since, along with your sites, you can also host images and files, you can create databases and e-mail accounts, upload video clips, etc. At Exclusive Hosting, for example, you can take a peek at web hosting and dedicated hosting packages that enable you to get all of the aforementioned services in one single place. There may be limitations based on the kind of hosting solution that you've opted for - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your webspace hosting package may be better or worse juxtaposed to the typical email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are purposed for specific web content exclusively.